Monday, June 7, 2010

Not related to Siebel…How to stop texting while driving ?

 

I get scare whenever I see any person texting/talking and driving at same time, I give space for him to go. Reason behind is you never know what could happen if failed to focus on driving while on interstate or busy road.

Yesterday night I was looking statistics for texting and driving at same, almost every search I see accident in it. Some example searches are here

After going thru search result, thought came to my mind is how to stop texting and driving at same time, again talking over phone while driving is almost at same risk as texting and driving.

Now a days mobile comes with GPS enabled device so what not to take a advantage for blocking texting/talking while driving.

Simple logic to implement. If mobile device is detecting change in GPS data/location then block the key pad or disconnect current call or only display incoming call as message but disable to attend call unless it is stationary. While considering this we have to consider allowing emergency calls like 911.

Again I am not expert in GPS or mobile technology whereas simple blocking mechanism while mobile device is detecting change in GPS location will help to save lives.

Similar to this we should have something to block texting while in meetings too :)

Thanks

Technorati Tags: ,,

No comments:

Post a Comment